Planning a dinner party or romantic meal.... Skip the hassle of spending hours slaving in the kitchen and spend more time getting yourself ready, with this easy 15-20 minute tart recipe. This may well be one of the easiest desserts you could make, yet looks quite impressive.
This recipe can be substituted with making pastry instead of a biscuit base and using other fruits for example blueberries or strawberries, incase you have any picky eaters.
The benefit of using mini-tartlet tins is that it produces a perfect sized portion for one and also with a removable bottom, means there is no stress trying to get an unbroken slice out of the tart tin ( I know you will all have been there at one point).
Dark Chocolate Ganche:
- 200 ml Double Cream
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- Handful of Raspberrys
- 6 Hobnobs (or a biscuit of your choice, i.e digestives
- 2 Handfuls of Hazelnuts, i.e. about 15
- 30g Butter
1) Make the ganche: heat the cream either on the stove or in the microwave to just before boiling
2) Add the broken up chocolate and stir
3) To make the biscuit base: put the biscuits and hazelnuts in a sealed bag and vent your frustration on them with a spatula or weapon of choice, until they resemble breadcrumbs.
4) Melt the butter and add to the biscuit and hazelnut mixture.
5) Press into your tartlet tins (or one large tin)
6) Add the ganche on top and finish with raspberries.
7) Set in the fridge for 1 hour