Thursday 8 March 2012

Ralph Lauren Restaurant Review


                  
                                                                                          Overall:  4/5




I have to admit I was a bit taken a back finding out Ralph Lauren had a restaurant. I couldn't quite picture it.  However, upon entering, I felt I had inflitrated a very British Club House, gaining assess to an exclusive display of wealth and luxury. Comfort seemed key to this design, with a large fire place at the entrance and large soft leather chairs and booths to relax in. 


The menu was based around American classics such as Caesar and Waldorf Salads, Steak, Crab Cakes and Club sandwiches as well as the all American Burger. 

I went for the Lobster Bisque -$8.50 to try something I never had before and I have to say I would choose it again and again. It was smooth, creamy and full of flavour. My only criticism maybe that I had about one chunk of lobster in it, a couple more would have been ideal. 
I also sampled the Tuna Nicoise Salad- $22, which again was on top form with Tuna was cooked to perfection.

For dessert I shared the Creme Brûlée (Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla with Seasonal Fruit)- $8, which lived up to my high creme brûlée standards with a nice hard caramel top. 

However, unfortunately I do have to report some negative aspects. Firstly, when ordering we were notified that the restaurant was out of Oysters,which was a disappointment, along with bananas of all things. This seemed strange to us as they could easily have gone down the road to get some (no banana splits for us). 

Secondly, we were served the wrong glass of wine and after disputing that it had to be right, as the waitress saw it poured, she then brought the right glass of wine. I therefore had to mark the restaurant down for these two points. 


Overall I would recommend visiting Ralph Lauren Restaurant for the high quality food and ambience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram

Contributors