Friday 2 March 2012

Tavern on the Rush

Overall: 4.5/5 
http://www.tavernonrush.com/tavern-on-rush.html


This is a fantastic American Steakhouse.
I have to say, it was the best steak I have ever eaten. I definitely felt I had got the Chicago Steak experience. 

Firstly, before ordering, we were given a masterclass in steaks.
A plate containing the different cuts and an explanation of its whereabouts on the cow, how it is cooked and its texture. 
I went for the Petite Filet Mignon $29.95 - medium rare. It was cooked to perfection- cut through like butter. 

Others sampled the Chateaubriand $38.95 per person (minimum two people)
Carved Tableside – Marinated center-cut beef tenderloin served with grilled vegetables 
and béarnaise sauce and also a 20 ounce steak - I think that may have been a bit much.

The verdict was that the Chateaubriand was the Winner and I would recommend it and Tavern on the Rush to anyone wanting a great steak in Chicago.

After all that meat .... we had a tray worth of desserts brought out. 
I had never tried Key Lime Pie before (middle dessert on the picture) and I have to say it was delicious. 

The Restaurant is seperated on two floors - The Lower Floor contains a horseshoe shaped bar and the upper floor an open kitchen. Both are enclosed with large glass windows allowing great views over the streets of Chicago. 

This is a high quality, great service restaurant and therefore high priced but you definitely get what you pay for.

When on a trip to Chicago, its well worth a visit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram

Contributors